How can we share our faith with nonbelievers?
April 29, 2003
Discuss things that you do/have done in your life that you share with other people and/or invite them to do with you. (Examples: skiing, running, summer camp)
- How do you feel about the activity?
- What is it about the activity that makes you want to share it with others?
- What makes others decide to share it with you?
Scripture: Matthew 5:14-16
- What is the nature of the light described here?
- What would make a person hide a lamp under a bowl?
- Why wouldn't we let our light shine before men?
- What is this about good deeds? What are they? Where do they come from (i.e., what causes us to do them)?
Going back to the initial discussion...
- How do you feel about church? Your faith?
- What is it about church/your faith that makes you want to share it with others? Or not?
- What do you think would make others decide to come to church with you?
Some related questions...
- What brings nonbelievers to church? To Christ?
- What makes churchgoers invite/bring nonbelievers to church?
- What motivates nonbelievers to accept the invitation?
- What makes churchgoers excited about church/their faith?
Surprising Insights from the Unchurched and Proven Ways to Reach Them by Thom S. Rainer